Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
The discussion assignment for this week includes a review of the Key Assignment Outline completed by one of your classmates, as well as a substantial response to at least 1 other student.
Primary Task Response: Your first task is to post your own Key Assignment Outline to the discussion area so that other students are able to review your plan. Attach your document to the main discussion post, and include any notes that you feel are appropriate. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of the Key Assignment Draft that you will complete next week.
Respond to Another Student: Review at least 1 other student’s Key Assignment Outline, and provide meaningful feedback. Refrain from general feedback, such as simply stating “good job.” Your feedback to other students is most helpful if you not only point out weak areas but also offer suggestions for improvement. The best feedback takes a three-stage approach to identify what was done well, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
2nd part is project
Key Assignment Draft
Now that you have accomplished tasks that are included in the first 3 phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) and are planning the next phases, it is time to consider how you will approach the development or acquisition of the application or system that you have designed.
For this assignment, you will develop 3 proposals for your development strategy, which include outsourcing (buy), insourcing (make), or a combination of both. You will present the pros and cons of each, along with a financial analysis. Finally, you will make a recommendation on which is the best proposal or strategy.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the System Requirements, Design, and Implementation Specification title page with the new date.
- Update the previously completed sections based on the instructor’s feedback.
- Development Strategy
- Develop a proposal for each of these approaches: insourcing, outsourcing, and a combination of the two.
- Present the pros and cons or benefit analysis for each of the 3 proposals.
- Perform a financial analysis of the total costs for each proposal that includes ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend 1 of these proposals and your reason for selection of that proposal.
- Remember that this document should contain all of the sections from Weeks 1â€“4.
- Name the document “yourname_IT425_IP4.doc.”
Please submit your assignment.