The textbook defines critical infrastructure as â€œthe assetsâ€™ systems and networks, whether physical or virtual, so vital that their incapacitation or destruction would have a debilitating effect on security, national economic security, public health or safety.â€
For this weekâ€™s writing assignment, please create a report that answers the following questions:
- Provide a brief description of 3-5 CIKR that exist within your community.
- Select one CIKR and identify the private and public partnership structure.
- What Sector-Specific Agency would be responsible for providing institutional knowledge / and specialized expertise for your CIKR?
- Conduct a risk assessment by identifying the threat (natural and manmade), vulnerabilities and consequence to your CIKR.
- What activities would you implement to help manage your risk?
- How would you evaluate the effectiveness of your activities?
- How would information be shared throughout the process?
Paper Submission Requirements:
- Your response should be 3-5 pages in length (double spaced).
- Paper must include a â€œreference pageâ€ not included in the 3-5-page minimum.
- Use APA format.
Resources for Assessment:
- Textbook Reading: Introduction to Homeland Security, Chapter 8
- National Infrastructure Protection Plan 2013 (NIPP)
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD) – 7
This activity is matched to the following Learning Outcomes:Be able to identify and discuss specific CI/KR sectors, and the Government agencies responsible for their protection.Discuss and debate the strategic importance of each CI/KR, and the likelihood of loss of each due to natural disasters or terrorist acts.