In this Discussion Board, you will investigate how memory works. Did you ever wonder why a certain scent can remind you of a specific event from your past, or why you forget where you placed your car or house keys? This assignment will allow you to explore and gain insight on questions you may have about the workings of your memory. Please address the following:
- In your own words, explain the 3 types of memories: sensory, short-term, and long-term memories.
- Provide 1 personal example of a sensory memory.
- Provide 1 personal example of a short-term memory.
- Provide 1 personal example of a type of procedural memory (long-term memory). Provide a personal example of each type of a declarative memory (long-term memory):
- 1 personal example of a semantic memory
- 1 personal example of an episodic memory.
- Discuss 1 new insight you learned about your memory.
- 300â€”500 words written as an essay
- 2 100-word peer responses
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
- Incorporated at least 1 outside resource and cited your sources in APA format