Overview of the LED560 SLP Sequence
The SLP sequence for this course requires that you choose an organization, and that you apply the Five Compass Model of Strategic Leadership to that organization. For background on the 5 Compass Model, see:
Wilson, I. (1996). The 5 compasses of strategic leadership. Strategy and Leadership, 24(4), 26-31. Retrieved from ProQuest.
Write a 3- to 4-page paper in which you address the following:
After selecting a for-profit or not-for-profit organization that is of interest to you, analyze the organizationâ€™s vision and mission statements against the criteria for meaningful statements, revising the statements as required.
The key aspects of this assignment that should be covered in your paper include the following:
- Using the library or the Internet, choose an organization that is of interest to you. For this purpose, you are required to choose an organization in which you are not currently employed. (Hint: You may want to choose your target organization using a current listing of Fortune 500 companies.)
- Locate the organizationâ€™s website. Spend time navigating the company website, so that you have a good understanding of what the company does.
- Provide the name and website address of your chosen organization.
- Locate and write down the organizationâ€™s mission and vision statements.
- Critique each of the foregoing statements against the criteria included in the Background readings and/or the criteria you developed for the Case assignment. Note: Organizations have a tendency to combine their mission and vision statements; therefore, you may need to decide whether a given statement is a mission statement or a vision statement. Be sure to back up your critiques with research that appropriately supports your analysis.
- Rewrite the vision and mission statements in the proper format for vision and mission statements.
- In the context of the criteria for â€œgoodâ€ vision and mission statements, defend the adjustments/changes you have made to the statements.
At Trident University, your assignments are evaluated using grading rubrics. While every assignment is assessed using one of the rubrics, grading rubrics may differ across assignments. Should you need help locating the grading rubric for this SLP, be sure to watch the following video: http://permalink.fliqz.com/aspx/permalink.aspx?at=…