The purpose of this assignment is to explore how our reliance on fossil fuels can be addressed through the use of renewable resources.
Resources: Sample PowerPointÂ® Presentation, Environmental Science textbook,plustwo additional sources
Consider the following:
Imagine that you are the Chief Environmental Officer for a major U.S. car rental company. Your current project is to present a proposal to your Board of Directors aimed at reducing the company’s reliance on fossil fuels and using renewable resources in their place.
Develop a 3- to 5-slide PowerPointÂ® presentation with detailed speaker notes on each slide. The presentation will outline for the Board of Directors at your company your proposed plan for conservation education for employees and one renewable energy source that the company can use to reduce their reliance on fossil fuels.
Include the following in the proposal presentation:
- Propose two major energy conservation steps that the company can take to reduce its reliance on fossil fuels.
- Outline your proposed plan for energy conservation education training and incentives for employees in order to implement your energy conservation ideas.
- Propose the use of one specific renewable resource to help reduce the reliance on fossil fuels. What are some challenges to implementing this resource?
- Explain how you plan to address the challenges identified, or offset their negative effects.
- Include supporting visuals, such as photos, diagrams, and graphs.
Format your presentation according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.