Find a case study in higher education (a current issue in any higher education institution) (I already found it) and analyze it based on books reading
- First take a case based on the
- Cultural/Symbolic frames.
( use case of â€¦ Mergers Haven’t Been Part of Pennsylvania Public Higher ED’S Past. Might The Future Be Different?
by the state-related universities. But it still faces competition, he said. For the 2016-17 academic year, PASSHE.
Rick Seltzer – Mar 27 2017.
3- Connect it your analysis with reading books.
4- You have 4 books to connect it with the case study
5- You will be required to complete four (9 completed pages: 4 and half pages for Bureaucratic, and 4 and half pages for cultural) with APA format reflections on you will use the frame/theories from the books and apply them to some facet, dynamic, issue or problem that you are seeing in your own organization.
6- You should describe the issue observed and then offer your interpretation of what is happening and why, based upon the perspectives/frames from the readings. Your reflection is centered on: Structural/ Bureaucratic and Cultural/Symbolic frames; this is both a way for me to gauge your level of understanding, and a way for you to begin the process of active reflection and meaning-making. As higher education professionals, engaging in regular active reflection about our work, our students, and our campuses is one mechanism for professional growth and development.
Please Look at My professorâ€™s instructions
Integrative Organizational Analysis:
You are to conduct a comprehensive analysis of a situation in a college or university (which I sent you), where the theories and perspectives addressed in this course would help illuminate the problem(s). This project will require a written analysis. In this paper you will first identify the problem, and then examine the problem through each of the four lens described by Bolman and Deal, as well as any appropriate corresponding model(s) presented by Birnbaum and Manning that help illuminate the organizational context within which your problem or issue is situated and the issue itself. You can incorporate other theories or perspectives from outside literature, but only as appropriate and necessary. Your paper should demonstrate your ability to analyze real world situations and integrate the concepts, theories and models learned in this course. Based on your analysis and interpretation of the issue you have chosen, you will develop a set of conclusions/ recommendations for how the issue could be addressed from an organizational theory and development standpoint.
You will write about Bureaucratic and cultural
And I will write about Collegial and political frames
I encourage you to use additional references then Cite
Also use another publication which is good but you do not citrate it by the author name.
You have citation problem please put page number so i can double sure from where you find the information.
For example, (Bolman, 2013, p. 54).
Also i put the full citation for the references
- Birnbaum, R. (1988). How Colleges Work. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bolman, L. & Deal, T. (2013). Reframing Organizations: Artistry, Choice and Leadership (5th Ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Manning,K.(2013). Organizational Theory in Higher Education New York: Routledge.
To more clarification
- 1-Analyze the issue (like case study) through Bureaucratic and Cultural frames from reading part that I will send
- 2-Write with APA format, connection with reading and citation are very important
- 3-You can use another references as you need
- 4-The reading part which I will send is from four references
- 5-You can offer your opinion based on the reading or citation
- 6-Be attention ( grammar, writing style, logic, citation, critical thinking â€¦.etc
- 7-Write as essay style NO header topic, or subtitle
- 8-Write completed 4 pages (no count references page and title page )
- 9-Avoid plagiarism