- Watch the scene from Sherlock Holmes () and address each of the following:
- Choose two arguments from the scene.
- Identify whether each argument is inductive or deductive.
- Construct the argument using the following format:
Premise #1: _______________________
Premise #2: _______________________
Hint: if an argument you chose is deductive, also make sure to follow the appropriate language template (e.g., denying the consequent, applying a generalization, etc.).
- Besides detective work as we saw in the Sherlock Holmes scene, describe in 2-3 sentences a real-life situation that may rely on the use of deductive and inductive reasoning.