OVERVIEW: In a 13-slide presentation deck, develop a variety of interview questions based on the KSAs and required experience for sales representative positions.
- Arthur, D. (2012). Recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and orienting new employees (5th ed.). New York, NY: AMACOM. Chapters 5â€“14.
- Baur, J. E., Buckley, M. R., Bagdasarov, Z., & Dharmasiri, A. S. (2014). A historical approach to realistic job previews: An exploration into their origins, evolution, and recommendations for the future. Journal of Management History, 20(2), 200â€“223. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/JMH-06-2012-0046
- Heathfield, S. (2015). Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Retrieved from http://humanresources.about.com/od/glossaryh/a/hris.htm
- Hyman, J. (2013). Federal court slams the door on EEOC’s criminal background check lawsuit. Retrieved from http://www.workforce.com/blogs/3-the-practical-employer/post/9293-federal-court-slams-the-door-on-eeocs-criminal-background-check-lawsuit
- Leung, R. (2004). Did hospitals “see no evil”?: Policy may have given one nurse a license to kill. Retrieved from http://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-hospitals-see-no-evil-02-04-2004/
- Merron, J. Taking your wonderlics. Retrieved from http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=merron/020228
- Monster. (n.d.). Sample job descriptions. Retrieved from http://hiring.monster.com/hr/hr-best-practices/recruiting-hiring-advice/job-descriptions/sample-job-descriptions.aspx
- Morrow, S. (2013). Hiring practices and social media. Retrieved from http://www.legalzoom.com/articles/hiring-practices-and-social-media
In Assessment 4, you developed a job analysis for CapraTek’s regional sales representative positions. Based on that job analysis, you will interview candidates. Before you can do so, you must develop interview questions based on the required knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) and required experience for the CapraTek position.
As a member of CapraTek’s human resources team, you believe the best way to develop the interview plan and select the best candidate is to include a variety of question types. Create a PowerPoint presentation deck containing the following elements, one question per slide. Ensure that your slides are uncrowded, visually appealing, and easy to read.
4 structured interview questions.
3 semi-structured interview questions.
2 behavioral interview questions.
2 situational interview questions.
In addition, include the following:
Explain why the questions are appropriate for CapraTek’s position and do not request illegal information. Place your explanation in the slides’ notes area.
Describe which question type(s) relates to the KSAs or required experience for CapraTek’s position.
Include a title slide and (if needed) a resources slide.