https://nursingresearchtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Nursingresearchtutors.png 0 0 Admin https://nursingresearchtutors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Nursingresearchtutors.png Admin2020-09-24 05:30:032020-08-25 08:22:06discussion-question-
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Week 4 Discussion: Genome, Transcriptome and Proteome.
For your primary post, please respond to one (1) of the following three (3) topics with a post of at least 125 words addressing the issue. Also, please reply to at least one fellow student on any topic.
- Topic 1. Omics video. Watch the instructor’s video about “-omics”, in the Instructor Insights section.
- Describe four things you learned from the instructorâ€™s video about â€˜-omicsâ€™.
- (Note: If you choose this discussion topic, your answer must be based on the material specifically covered in the video, rather than generic information on â€“omics from the internet. If you would rather research information from the internet, then choose discussion topic 3).
- Topic 2. Synthetic genome video. Watch the instructorâ€™s video about the synthetic genome â€œSyn 3.0â€ in the Instructor Insights section. Subsequently, answer the following:
- (a) Explain how Syn 3.0 is different from naturally-occurring microorganisms.
- (b) What do you think weâ€™ve learned, if anything, from Syn 3.0? Explain.
- (c) In your opinion, what are the inherent risks of this research, if any?
- Topic 3. Patent protection for BRCA genes. On the Internet, read one or more articles about the case of Association for Molecular Pathology versus Myriad Genetics. In your answer, give must credit your source(s). Your answer must address the following:
- (a) Why did the plaintiffs object to Myriadâ€™s patent on the breast cancer-related genes (BRCA1 and BRCA2)?
- (b) How did the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) rule? [Note: the rulings of lower courts are NOT of interest for our purposes. Please concentrate on SCOTUS’s ruling].
- (c) What is your view on the issue of whether we should allow human genes to be patented?