You work for the local city council, which is concerned about the impact of plastic water bottles on the environment. Your supervisor has asked you to prepare a report that explains exactly how the environment is affected by different aspects of the plastic water bottle life cycle, from production, distribution and consumption to disposal.
Create a report in which you document the environmental effects of the disposable water bottle life cycle. Feel free to include charts or diagrams. Note that the report should be in your own words. If you quote or paraphrase someone elseâ€™s words, you need to identify the source using APA format.
- Your readers will first need to understand more about the environment. Explain the normal functioning of the following:
- Water cycle
- Carbon cycle
- Nitrogen cycle
- Phosphorus cycle
- Explain what biodiversity is, why it is important, and how human behavior impacts it.
- Discuss how the water bottle life cycle impacts the water, carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus cycles and biodiversity.
- For each environmental impact you discussed in Step 3, identify at least one possible intervention. Explain in your report how these interventions would help reduce the negative effects on the different areas of the environment.
- Analyze these interventions critically by addressing the following questions:
- What benefit would each have?
- What drawbacks might result from adopting a given intervention?
- What kinds of complications could make the adoption difficult?