Assignment 2: Cloud Computing Implementation
In this assignment, you will use your knowledge of cloud computing types, data storage, and collaboration in the cloud to examine a business that just moved to cloud computing.
An actual company that just finished a cloud implementation will give you an insight into how the implementation was handled and why the implementation was undertaken. You, as a reporter for a technical publication, have been asked to interview someone from a large organization who has just participated in a company-wide cloud computing implementation.
For this assignment, you will create a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document that includes the organization’s background information, the interview questions used, and the technical article analyzed.
Part I: Interview
Identify a company and choose one of its employees (for example, an information technology employee or a chief information officer [CIO]) who has been involved in a company-wide implementation of cloud computing. In case you do not find someone for the interview, then you can rely on the company’s publications, white papers, and other resources as the basis of your information (no points will be deducted).
Create a 2- to 3-page document comprising your responses on the following points:
- Share the background information of the organization chosen by you. Consider and include attributes such as:
- History of the company
- Number of employees
- Number of locations
- Interviewee (his or her position)
- Regardless of whether you are actually able to conduct an interview, develop at least ten meaningful (not overly technical) interview questions that focus around the implementation of cloud computing. The interview questions should address areas such as experiences, concerns, operating efficiencies, and the organization’s mission. The questions should address topics from each of the following categories:
- Management considerations for the cloud
- Data storage in the cloud
- Collaboration in the cloud
Part II: Article
Next, create a 1- to 2-page document formatted like a magazine article that summarizes the highlights regarding the following:
- Purpose of the article (use a dynamic opening)
- Background information of the interviewee (such as position and employer)
- Implementation conducted
- Interview questions (on the topics mentioned above)
- Interviewee’s responses
- Conclusion (your impressions and recommendations)
If you were unable to interview someone, summarize the information you researched, organizing it around the interview questions you had developed. Provide your impressions and recommendations for the organization based on this research.
The article should summarize and discuss all the potential responses and concluding remarks. Do not provide a verbatim script with the questions and answers.
Note: Utilize at least three scholarly or professional sources (beyond your textbook) in your document. Your document should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., in APA format); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.