Vignette for Disorders
Create a case vignette for one of the following disorders:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- An anxiety disorder typically found in childhood
- Acute stress disorder
In your case vignette, create a story about a hypothetical person who is experiencing the symptoms of the disorder.
Based on the vignette you created, answer the following questions:
- What is the disorder you have described and what evidence do you have to support you have created a scenario that is depicting the criteria for the disorder?
- How is the disorder you described distinguished from the other three disorders?
- What is the pharmacotherapy that most readily helps mitigate the symptoms of the disorder you described in your vignette?
Find one scholarly article from the South University Online Library and Internet that describes an effective treatment for the person depicted in your vignette.
- Describe the treatment that is explained in the article.
- Explain the pros and cons of utilizing this treatment modality